How proud I felt when Eric, my spouse, said: "I want to make raw cookies too."
To appreciate this fully, you must know that Eric is a trained chef. He no longer works in that industry but my oh my, he's got the goods! This recipe is top notch.
This cookie is not sweet, it is more like a dry gourmet biscuit, nice for breakfast with fruit salad, yogurt or cottage cheese.
- 4 cups of pulp from juicing: 6 oranges, 2 grapefruits, 2 lemons and 6 large carrots.
- 2 cups almonds (finely processed)
- 1 cup walnuts, processed until they reach a buttery consistency
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil (can be blended with the nuts)
- 2 tbsp. bee pollen
- 2 tbsp. lemon rind and 2 tbsp. orange rind, finely chopped
- 4tbsp agave nectar
Begin with juicing the peeled citrus fruits and carrots. Drink up!
Place the pulp in a large bowl, remove bigger fibrous pieces and any lemon seeds, etc. Mash and mix.
Add all other ingredients and mix thoroughly.
Firmly roll the mixture in plastic wrap, forming rolls of same size. Pleace in the fridge or freezer for them to harden and carefully slice. You will need to reshape some cookies with your fingers so they are uniformly shaped, as shown in our video:
We thoroughly enjoyed topped with thin slices of orange and granny smith apple.