Here are some of my baby's favourite mixes:
- plain greek yogurt & mango, pineapple, hemp hearts
- any cooked puree & avocado
- quinoa mix (peppers, bok choi, whatever) & tomato
- cottage cheese & apple & berries (use mesh strainer) apples chunks are hard to see in the sauce... when feeding baby, check spoonfulls by squishing agains side of bowl
- cooked green bean puree & banana
- apple, mango, peach - oh wait - that's all raw!!! Bet you everyone in your house loves it ;-)
- any puree & chia gel. chia gel is liquidy so I don't hesitate to keep the commercial cereal on hand because it is a great thickener.
- hulled barley (one less manufacturing step than pearl) homemade cereal & apple & spaghetti sauce, ours isn't spicy, has beef
- brown rice homemade cereal & spinach (or other raw) juice & pureed leftover zucchini boat (various veg, spices, olive oil) removing cheese and bread crumbs! ;-P
Combinations are especially made easy when you have a small bullet type blender, a good knife and cutting board.
Lucas and I are having a raw/cooked lunch too!